There's a lot going on in my life right now.
I go through phases - in and out of feeling good about everything going on in my life - and I only recently taught myself that in order to get out and away from negative vibes, you need to breed and foster a positive mindset. So while feeling sorry for yourself and staying in bed crying over that one thing that totally sucks and makes it seem like the end of your life may be easier to do, please believe me when I say that you'd be a lot happier if you let all of that negative energy go and worked your way towards being positive. Here's how:
1. Don't overthink it. Whenever I start to have a major meltdown, it's usually because I'm thinking waaaaaay too much. Stop. Breathe. Start again. Be spontaneous. Live a little. Sometimes overthinking things is what ruins good things.
2. Stop telling yourself you can't. I used to be one of those people. You know, the one with all the excuses. "Oh, I can't do that because..." or "Well, that's just not possible since..." CUT IT OUT. Stop thinking that you CAN'T, especially if you don't even know if you CAN. Being humble is one thing, putting yourself down is a whole other thing.
3. Focus on yourself. You will never be happy comparing yourself to others. There will aways be someone (you think is) prettier, smarter, funnier and/or better. The thing is, there's no such thing as better. That's all up for interpretation. Who can really decide what is best? I don't think anyone has that right. So instead of getting upset over what others have that you don't, focus on what you like/don't like about yourself and then figure out how to make steps towards bettering yourself and coming to peace with the things you cannot change.
4. Surround yourself with positive vibes. And positive people. Being around positive people and thinking positive thoughts nurtures that will to be positive.
5. Stay thankful. Personal opinion: I don't think it's possible to stay positive without taking the time to be thankful for all the good in your life. When you think about the good, you think about what you need to do to keep it. For me, that's excellent motivation to stay positive.