Lately, I've been getting a bunch of questions on how I continue to produce creative content on a consistent basis and at first I didn't want to answer this, because truthfully - I have no idea. For me, creativity is subjective and is critiqued and viewed differently by everyone. Never have I ever really seen myself as "a creative" really - I just know what I like and what I want to share with the world, hoping that others enjoy it as much as I do.
Now as far as producing content (that may or may not be seen as creative) on a regular schedule, I do have a process that I go through, and the first step is:
DO NOT TRY TO BE CREATIVE.
When I'm trying to think of an idea or concept, nothing harms my creativity quite like trying to force something that might not even be there. Putting that kind of pressure on myself makes me feel rushed, suffocated, and honestly, limited to what I can achieve. So rather than trying to coerce myself into feeling inspired, I use these tips to actually become inspired:
1. Take a deep breath and calm the f%#! down. Whenever I feel stressed, I can barely put a sentence together. Instead of trying to work through the stress, I take a step back from whatever I'm doing and just breathe. There are very few things that can't be solved by just taking a minute to relax. If I really need to clear my head, I'll put on my running shoes and go for a jog. By no means do I love to run (I hate it, actually), but taking a break from the world by focusing on my breathing and getting to the next mile really helps me put everything into perspective.
2. Put yourself in the mood. Whether it's taking long bath, listening to some mood music or lighting some candles, setting the right mood always allows me to open up my mind a bit more. I'm usually a very frantic person - always trying to handle a lot of different things all at once. So, putting myself in a more peaceful setting helps counteract that.
3. Surround yourself with positivity. It can be really difficult to feel and produce your best when you surround yourself with people that are not willing to do the same. Surround yourself with positivity by surrounding yourself with positive people. Fighting against others that don't support or believe in you can lead you to think the way they do.
4. Allow yourself the time. There is no rush. Sure, I have deadlines and I'm not getting any younger, but for me, trying to rush through whatever I'm doing has never resulted in the best that I can do. I always want to give it my all, and I can't do that if I don't give myself the proper amount of time.
5. Don't give up. "Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will." I believe that quote is by Suzy Kassem, and I wholeheartedly agree. How do you know what you can accomplish, if you never try? I would rather fail a million times, than never make one attempt and always wonder what could have been.
Top + Shorts: @RecklessGirls // Sunglasses: @PerverseSunglasses